I've been inspired, thus the new blog look and feel. This is something I've wanted to do, but thought better to wait till after the AltSummit. I'm glad I did. I'll continue to fine tune this space in the near future. Thank you @SquareSpace for being such a fabulous partner.
This past week I spent three days with some of the most genuine, uniquely creative people that I've ever been in one room with. The #1 theme I took away from the AltSummit in Salt Lake City conference is "be true to yourself." Just about every session made this abundantly clear. Here are a few quotes from some of the power sessions and two of my favorite speakers, Jasmine Star (Personal Branding) and Karen Walrond (Finding Your Voice).
"stay true to your brand and audience"
"keep it real"
"take what you have, make it work"
"shake what your mama gave you"
"who am I, not who I aspire to be"
"what am I doing to capitalize on who I am?"
"stop comparing my insides to their outsides"
"curate my life"
"create my own story"
And Stefan Sagmeister, what to say about this uniquely witty, smart individual. I heart him and his lovely fiance "Stefanie" I mean Vita! I was able to spend part of the day with them at Sundance in Park City on Saturday, amazing people. He was inspirational beyond belief during his keynote, a standing ovation, and that's not because he posted a full frontal naked picture of himself (gasp!). It was because he was an amazing speaker who inspired the entire room to greatness. Here are his top points to ponder on:
- Thinking about ideas and content freely
- Traveling to new places (you have to, to be inspired - me)
- Not stuck doing the same thing over again
- Working on projects that matter to me
- Having things come back from the printer that are done well (love it when I get a print of my photography and it's as beautiful as I imagined- me)
- Getting feedback from people (let me know what post moved you, what did you like/dislike about it - me)
- Designing a project that you feel is partly brand new and partly familiar
- Working without interruption on a single project
Once again I must thank @WilsonArt for selecting my counter post and giving me a ticket to AltSummit. I am beyond grateful. I have lists and lists of idea's, brands and people I want to work with, editorial calendars I want to create. I am giving myself one year to turn this blog around and attend next years AltSummit with idea's and much more confidence. Also with less lbs., love the photobooths, me, not so much. Might be inspired to write about that to, we'll see.